Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Year 1991 and Psalm 91

Uni-verse 257/10,000 For better through verse Psalm 91 v 1
Psa 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty


Psalm 91 is an eternal life insurance policy guaranteed by God Himself. It is underwritten by the blood of Jesus and all premia have been paid. Only bonuses from the goodness of God can be claimed off and on. When we commit our lives to Christ, we come to dwell in the very presence of God. Just as the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary and the Word spoken to her from God became the seed of the Messiah that was conceived in her womb, the Holy Spirit overshadows us. We became pregnant with the goodness of God. Our faith is our secret place where we dwell with God Most High. We do not need to wear it on our sleeves but it constantly empowers and enables us from within. Many new trends will begin in us at the moment we commit ourselves to the presence of God.

Coincidentally, the year was 1991 and the Psalm of my testimony is Psalm 1991. Literally, the Psalm came true in my life verse by verse. It says, " A thousand shall fall beside you but it shall not come near you." The assassination of the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was like an earthquake that killed ten thousand people. But, the Lord did not allow it to come near me, " it" meaning a physical death. I had told my boss, the Superintendent of Police a couple of days earlier when he shared some premonitions of disaster that " God will save me." In doing so, unwittingly I was saying," My God is my refuge and my fortress: in Him will I trust.

He delivered me from the snare of the fowler or the bird- hunter by covering me with His feathers. His truth, meaning His Word is both my weapon of offence and defence. It was the world's first terrorist attack using a " Woman Bomb" that released thousands of lethal pellets like arrows flying in all directions. Even a single pellet killed some one who walked several feet ahead of me. He sent His angels to guard me and kept any of the 100 odd pellets that penetrated my body, and still remain embedded, from harming me in any way. He delivered me, set me on high and honoured me. He promises to satisfy us with long life and show us eternal life beyond.

Prateep V Philip

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your Uni-verses in general and this one in particular.
    Chandy Kurien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the Insurance Policy
    Joseph Manuel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 91 has become part of my life, ever since you had told me about the

    Psalm, as at that time, lot of strange & bad things were happening in my life.

    Reading the Word of GOD gives me Peace. Thanks for guiding so many of us

    by your Testimony.
    Justin

    ReplyDelete