Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Faith training- a lot like rock climbing

Uni-verse 248/10,000 For better through verse

1Sa 17:37 David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.



The Lord prepares us for greater challenges by delivering us from some earlier dangers. We need to recall like David did- the immense problems from which God delivered us in the past. This will strengthen us in the present. Our faith training is in a lot of ways like rock climbing- we first learn to climb the nursery rocks before we attempt the sheer cliffs and steep climbs.

When my senior, the Superintendent of Police of the District in which I was an Assistant Superintendent of Police told me, “ Your God cannot save you. Everything happens according to a predetermined destiny based on the configuration of the stars at the time of your birth,” I recalled how the Lord had saved me from certain death by drowning two years earlier. I replied, “ No sir, the Lord has saved me in the past and will continue to do so.” Accordingly, a few days later when the world’s first “human bomb” exploded to assassinate the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, the Lord preserved me from death.

We must set up memorials in our minds for all the times the Lord has delivered us from various types of situations. David did not call Goliath a “giant” but saw him for who he was - a “ Philistine”. We too must in like manner downsize our challenges and upgrade our faith by affirming in all that we say and do our confidence in God’ability and willingness to save us. Scripture contains the recorded sacred memories of mankind of how God intervenes in our daily lives to redeem us. When we recount such portions or specific verses, our faith is greatly strengthened and we are positioning ourselves for victory and to glorify God.

Prateep V Philip

2 comments:

  1. I feel encouraged by this blog on faith training- it s so true
    Suja George

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you so much for including me in this mailing list. Sincerely appreciate this. Did greatly benefit from reading this verse and the passage. Would like forward to receiving such mails in the days to come
    Samuel G Abraham

    ReplyDelete